1.START FROM WITHIN
Healthy hair will never happen if your diet isn’t giving you the vitamins you need. If you’re hair is perpetually dry start drinking more water or add vitamin supplements into your routine in order to kickstart growth, or repair damage. I personally take Biotin and add supplements to my morning smoothie.
2. TURN DOWN THE HEAT AND USE PROTECTION
Turn the temperature setting on your hair dryer, flatiron and curling down or skip them altogether if you can. Also, always use a heat-protectant, in addition to warding off damage from your hot tools, protects your hair from external damage like sun and saltwater.
3.TREAT DAMAGE EARLY AND OFTEN
Develop a treatment plan and stick to it. People who have beautiful hair and skin have a regime of treatments they swear by and am constantly using them. If you want to prevent or treat heat damage you have to not only try several treatments you also have to stick to them and use them regularly.
4. DETOX YOUR LOCKS
Removing Build up from you hair is very neccesary when you use everyday products. Products like DevaCURL build up buster that gets rid of build up without stripping your color.
5. ADD GLOSS TO THE FINAL LOOK
Finishing Serums and Sprays are like the top coat on your nails. You need them in order to complete your look. I love Kenra Finishing serum . Not only does it work on all hair types but it smells amazing.
If you want to see more articles like this one please Comment Below or comment on Instagram or Facebook.
Thank You for reading and please comment if you have any ideas or questions!!
I get this question all the time when someone tells me a stylist promised her highlights on her black hair and no bleach. I say yes ok because pigs can fly......=)
Chemically this is impossible if you have black to dark brown hair. If you are a natural light brown to Blonde than yes this is completely possible.
Are they the same thing?
Yes they are the same thing depending on the formula the stylist is using it can have the same consequences on your hair.
Whats the best way to go blonde and not have damage?
So when I saw the pigs fly I was like No WAY!! I kid …..So going blonde is expensive and high maintience there is no way around it unless your born blonde and stay that way. You must ..MUST keep that hair conditioned and keep up the color. Trying to go in between appointments for long periods of time is not a way to be a healthy blonde. That’s what will make you a unhealthy blonde.
Thank You for reading I hope you learned something new…as usual if you have a question comment below and I will include it in my next Blog.
Sorry I have been ghost but I took a break and now I’m back!!!! Ready for the holidays?? I personally am not a fan of the holidays but I am really looking forward to these for some reason.
Openings Nov 28 2016 Miami
Hope You are having a wonderful Holiday,
Have a great day!!!
Please Text for Bookings
Nudos.......AKA Tangles we all have them and we all hate them. I am going to share with you ways to beat the tangles and avoid pain and discomfort.
1. Leave in Conditioner: Leave in conditioner is my go to product for everything. I can never get enough of my leave in hair conditioner. By applying this product immediately after you wash your hair it will make everything seem so much easier especially detangling. Below is one I love to use. It might be in a mist but it has the power of a creme.
2. Wet Brush: The holy grail of detangling. My mom says "el piene magic!!" this is really magic. The bristles on this brush won't hurt , won't pull and will detangle. I have tested it on every hair type and it wins time and time again. Its also Bueno , Bonito Y Barato just how I like it.
3. Detangle in Shower: Conditioner doesn't detangle your hair you do!!! Yup así mismo. If you do not detangle hair while your in the shower adding more conditioner will not help you. My abuela told me a simple strategy. Start at the ends of the hair and work your way up.
At the end of the day if your hair is constantly getting tangled and you are above age 12 you have other issues you need to deal with that are leading your hair to be tangled.
Maybe....your hair is dry and you need to deep condition more often so you can look at my healthy hair tips tab for more information on that.
Maybe ...you need a trim and your have too much breakage or split ends.
Maybe...you should wear your hair naturally for a few weeks and let it recover form heat damage.
Maybe.. you should start rinsing with cold water to seal the cuticle
Do You have a question? Please comment below and I would love to help you!!!!
Thank you for reading
Please comment below if you want to see something in my future post.
Have you ever gotten banged? I can't tell you the amount of times I have gotten banged and spent forever growing them Out. Having curly hair and growing out bangs isn't exactly ideal. But have no fear the hair tamer is here. How to make the painful process less of a pain.
You can take more hair vitamins and change to horse shampoo. Wait ...have you ever even tried to blend them in? Nothing works and its endless frustration and regret. Well here are some clever ideas on what you can do to make the process a bit less painful.
2. The rico Suave slick back....all you need is some Wave spray or Sea Salt spray and if you have curly hair I would go with some hairspray or pomade. I don't encourage hairspray I hate it but in this case we need to bring out the Medium Hold Experts. You will also need bobby pins if you have curly hair or you will look like a wet poodle.
3. A hat..si eso mismo..growing out you bangs can be a time where you are experience changes in your life so why not venture into fashion changes as well. You can wear a hoodie, baseball cap or Fedora. Ill leave this section up to you and whatever works best with your swag.
Thank you for reading and please message me if you have anything you would like me to feature
Its summer Its hot ...does your skin and hair feel dehydrated? Dull, lifeless, damaged, disagreeable hair.
No fear the Hairtamer is here.
I want to share a few mask and how they can help you bring that hair back to life.
Rules to Mask:
This Verb mask $14 is what I call ..Bueno , Bonito, y Barato!!! Not only does it work great but it has ingredients like Babassu Oil which nourish and Hydrate your hair. Use if your hair is Fine / Med and any texture . I use it on my hair.
Briogeo Mask $26 is an amazing due to its moisture and reconstructive properties. Basically you have curly hair or you bleach or dye your hair a lot or go to the beach or pool often. Its also reasonably priced and has ingredients like avocado, argan oil, almond oil, keratin protein, rose hip oil, and a bunch of vitamins — B5, D, A, and E, if you're wondering. This is ideal for Med/ Course hair. I also use this mask and its amazing!!!
Salerm Wheat Germ Mask $24 is ideal for anyone who has Really really damaged hair or does chemical straighteners. This is ideal for all my Latinas and especially those with coarse hair. This is my go to old school reliable mask that my mom sells at her shop since I could remember. Its also Bueno, Bonito, Y Barato and you can only find it in a Hispanic Beauty Supply or at a Hispanic Salon.
Please read the rules as no product will create a miracle unless it cost a lot more money or done at a salon by a Stylist. But if you maintain your hair with a mask at least once a week you will have no problems with dry brittle hair. As always if you have questions message me I'm always happy to help.