So you woke up and you want a change. Or better yet you went through a life changing experience and are ready to make some changes. Maybe you are just impulsive and enjoy changing it up…whatever the case have no fear the Hairtamer is here!!! Often times I blog about what to do after a color service so I wanted to take the time and blog about what to do before one.
1. Clarifying Shampoo will strip your hair of any color or product you might have. If you plan on going lighter this is a great tool to use to help remove product and build up from the hair. I advise using this in conjunction of a mask or deep condition treatment.
2. Deep Condition. No matter what type of hair you have deep conditioning leading to your color service will help your hair not only with the actual color service but it will also hold color a lot better.
3. Please don’t wash your hair on the day of service. Depending on the color service the color will have contact with your skin so having that extra buildup will help you during the service
4. Be upfront. Your hair history is very important so please share all your hair details during the consultation. That box you used 3 years ago, yes it still there.
5. Research. Look at photos of what you would like your hair to look like. Oftentimes I tell my clients to find a muse. A celebrity or public figure whose hair they admire. The more photos the better understanding our stylist will have of what you expect.
6. What if I hate it? If the damage is severe like your hair fell off or its orange or its breaking or it feels like hay you should really ask for a complementary re-do or a portion of the service to be reimbursed. If you just don’t like it because it’s shocking or not your personal style then you should seek another stylist.
At the end of the day BRING HEALTHY HAIR..The healthier the hair the more the stylist can do and the better the results. Also keep in mind sometimes it takes more than one booking to get what you want so be patient.
So your hair is thiner than usual or is it falling out..do you notice balding in your scalp? Lately I have been getting asked what to do in these scenarios. I am not a doctor nor do I think these are end all be all to your thin hair problems. What I am going to discuss below is simply some regimes I personally know of along with colleagues in the industry and have recommended and seen effective. The best place to go for severe thinning is to a nutritionist or a Dermatologist. That said here are some products and regime and what they can do for you.
Nioxin Three Set System
This Product line is older than me. Im not that old but it has been around for a while. I love it because it has a effective three step system that I know works due to my clients telling me they used it and loved it . Keep in mind thinning hair has everything to do with your scalp not your hair and is not to be mistaken with overly processed hair due to Color and Hot tools. They have diffrent numbers that indicate stages of thinning and if you color or don't color.
http://www.nioxin.com/en-EN/proven-solutions/products is a great resource to read more about it and see what is right for you.
Another tip is dry hair on Cold or Medium heat and minimize heat by utilizing Hot rollers or air drying when ever possible. Also if you must use hot tolls use the lower heat settings. Yes this take way longer but it will minimize heat exposure and help in the hair you do have being really healthy.
Green tea Shampoo
Green tea shampoo stimulates the scalp and clears it of sebum or any product residue left behind. I have seen this be effective in hair growth. Many times we think we washed our hair because it smells good but we neglect the scalp. Products often times create a barrier and clog the hair follicle. Think of it like a scalp facial. I find tea tree in any form rather it be organic in oil form or inside a shampoo to stimulate the scalp and induce hair growth
Please refer to my Vitamin Post Below
This if done regularly not only feels great but can also helps. Basically your scalp likes to be stimulated therefore if you do a scalp massage regularly you see results. I advise to use some type of product in correlation with this. Aloe vera, coconut oil, lemon Juice and Aloe Vera gel...ext. They have all kinds of oils that stimulate the scalp along with a scalp massage when done regularly will help you.
This seems to be a trend and apparently it works. I would read the article below for full disclosure but in the event it works please let me know thanks.
An active ingredient fund in most hair loss products that helps with hair loss. http://www.rogaine.com for women has actually made a product with is as its active ingredient along with rhttp://www.redken.com. so what it does is force the hair to go into anagen phase which is the growth phase and therefore it grows. Although it sounds promising I do recommend to use a shampoo to go along with it. Product will be more effective on a clean scalp.
Less Stress and a Healthy Diet
This by far is the most important component. In all the articles and research I read they stressed this the most. A proper diet and exercise can really make a difference in over all health so make sure this is up to par before you start trying out alternatives.
As mentioned before hair loss can stem from many things the most common being hormones I suggest if you have tried everything under the sun you go see a doctor and get to the route of the problem otherwise Let me know which of these was most effective and ill pass on the word to my divas.
As usual thank you for reading and please comment and share
Its summer and its really really hot...I have pretty much given up on my hair being bone straight ..even with my keratin Treatment it is way too hot and I have way too much hair...So my new go to is the top knot and braids along with the beach wave.
They have different variations of these looks but here are some youtube videos I liked on how to do them.
I Love Nicole Guerriro ....Ilearn tricks from her all the time and I love that she always talks about all the great expensive hair products she uses.
Want some more advice? Please comment