So you woke up and you want a change. Or better yet you went through a life changing experience and are ready to make some changes. Maybe you are just impulsive and enjoy changing it up…whatever the case have no fear the Hairtamer is here!!! Often times I blog about what to do after a color service so I wanted to take the time and blog about what to do before one.
1. Clarifying Shampoo will strip your hair of any color or product you might have. If you plan on going lighter this is a great tool to use to help remove product and build up from the hair. I advise using this in conjunction of a mask or deep condition treatment.
2. Deep Condition. No matter what type of hair you have deep conditioning leading to your color service will help your hair not only with the actual color service but it will also hold color a lot better.
3. Please don’t wash your hair on the day of service. Depending on the color service the color will have contact with your skin so having that extra buildup will help you during the service
4. Be upfront. Your hair history is very important so please share all your hair details during the consultation. That box you used 3 years ago, yes it still there.
5. Research. Look at photos of what you would like your hair to look like. Oftentimes I tell my clients to find a muse. A celebrity or public figure whose hair they admire. The more photos the better understanding our stylist will have of what you expect.
6. What if I hate it? If the damage is severe like your hair fell off or its orange or its breaking or it feels like hay you should really ask for a complementary re-do or a portion of the service to be reimbursed. If you just don’t like it because it’s shocking or not your personal style then you should seek another stylist.
At the end of the day BRING HEALTHY HAIR..The healthier the hair the more the stylist can do and the better the results. Also keep in mind sometimes it takes more than one booking to get what you want so be patient.